We are covering a developing story out of Vicksburg this hour.
According to officials with the Vicksburg Fire Department, fire crews responded to several house fires Thursday night and early Friday morning.
Officials say one fire happened on Martin Luther King Boulevard around 9:15pm Thursday night. The fire was determined to be caused by an accidental electrical fire frim a clothes dryer that was outside. The house was fully involved and destroyed by the fire. Two people were in the house at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
A second fire occured on Lakewood Road around 1:30am Friday morning. It was determined by officials that the fire was caused by an accidental electrical fire from an outside light in the garage that was on to temporarily to keep a pet warm. The home was fully involved and destroyed. Three people escaped the fire, and no injuries were reported.
Due to the weather conditions the fire on Lakewood Road spread to three other homes. Minor damage was reported to have happened at these residences. Some of the homes had heat damage, shingles were melted, and one carport was destroyed, but these three homes are still habitable.
We will continue covering this story and bring you much more on WJTV News Channel 12.
We will also work to bring you continuous news updates on the WJTV Facebook page, right here on wjtv.com and the WJTV Twitter page.