JACKSON, MS – Several traffic alerts are in effect as work begins on the Westin Hotel in downtown Jackson, Mississippi.
There will be detours and lane closures for parts of West Street, Tombigbee Street, and Congress Street.
The city of Jackson sent out the following list concerning the upcoming changes to the roads over the weekend :
- West St Northbound from Court St to Tombigbee St will be CLOSED to all traffic. Court St, President St, and Tombigbee St will be the detour route. Trucks should use Court St, State St, and Pearl St for their detour route.
- West St Southbound from Tombigbee St to Court St will be OPEN but reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Court St Westbound from west of President St to West St will have the right lane closed.
- Congress St from Tombigbee St to Court St will be CLOSED to all traffic.
- Tombigbee St Eastbound from West St to Congress St will be CLOSED. West St, Pascagoula St, and Congress St is the detour route.
- Tombigbee St Westbound from West St to Congress St will be OPEN but will operate as a one-lane one-way street temporarily.”
More changes and traffic alerts are expected to come, but have not been announced as of yet.