JACKSON, Miss. – The City of Jackson is asking its customers to conserve water.
A water conservation advisory has been issued and is in effect until further notice.
Customers are asked to eliminate nonessential uses of water, which include the following:
• The use of hoses, sprinklers or other means for sprinkling or watering of shrubbery, trees, lawns, grass, plants, vines, gardens, vegetables, flowers or other vegetation.
• The use of water for washing automobiles, trucks, trailers, trailer houses or other type of mobile equipment.
• The washing of streets, driveways, parking lots, service station aprons, office buildings, exterior of homes, sidewalks, apartments or other outdoor surfaces.
• The operation of an ornamental fountain or other structures making a similar use of water.
• The use of water for filling swimming or wading pools.
The city said this is to ensure that all customers continue to receive safe, adequate and reliable water service.
Any questions or concerns should be directed to the city at (601) 960-2723 or (601) 960-1777.