Community holds candlelight vigil for baby boy who died in a fire

A Bolton community has come together after a family lost a loved one and their home in a fire.

“We’re taking it one day at a time. It’s hard. We lost a loved one. We lost our baby boy.”

Tommy Alexander, the father of 1-year-old Bradley Mason, can barely hold back tears while talking about his son.

“Bradley was a wonderful boy. If he was around you, he’d make you smile. No matter what he do, he always smiled. He’ll do anything to make you laugh,” Alexander said.

Dozens of people donated clothes and even toys for little Bradley’s five brother and sisters.

A neighbor who lived across the street from the family says she can’t believe what happened.

“Everything that’s happening, it’s just a shock to us all. It’s like we, the neighborhood, it’s like we are having a dream. But we know for them it’s a nightmare,” Polly Smith, a neighbor, said.

The Westview subdivision lit candles and said prayers for little Bradley and the entire family.

“We need to come to come together even more- to show love to one another, to show that we care. To show that we are concerned for one another,” Alexander said.

“Thank you from the bottom of my heart. The mother and the father. We thank you. We about to be in a rough patch now, Ya’ll just keep praying for us, so we can make it,” Alexander said.

There is still no word yet on what caused that house fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s