HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — Authorities tell us they arrested six women during a prostitution sting in North Jackson.
The operation started Monday night and ended Tuesday around 2 a.m.
Lt. Darron Terry of the Street Crime Task Force said the owner of a hotel called authorities because of suspicious activity.
The owner allowed the task force to go undercover at the hotel. Law enforcement officers used a website to contact the women. When they showed up, they were arrested.
Officials said one of the women arrested was also charged with possession of crystal meth; another one was charged with possession of marijuana.
Also, Lt. Terry said one of the women taken into custody was wanted in Brandon for shoplifting.
The Street Crime Task Force is a part of the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department.
Authorities have released the name of the women arrested and their charges:
- Amy Roberts is charged with possession of controlled substance and solicitation
- Miranda Walker is charged with prostitution, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia
- Danyell Anderson is charged with possession of meth and solicitation of prostitution
- Logan Prescott is charged with prostitutiion; she has a warrant also in Brandon
- Kathy Irby is charged with prostitution
- Amanda Howard is charged with prostitution