VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) — Nine people are arrested on different charges in Operation Fall Sweep in Vicksburg early Thursday morning.
Several agencies worked with the Vicksburg Police Department to conduct the drug round-up. Authorities said this was a four-month long investigation into drug sales.
We’re told the suspects taken into custody were involved in illegal drug activity. Below is the list of the people charged:
- Gregory Ragan, 30, arrested for sale of cocaine
- Roderick Brown, 32, sale of marijuana
- Lee Edward Yates, 47, sale of cocaine
- James Carl Friley, 48, sale of Methamphetamine
- David Evans, 30, three counts of sale of marijuana
- Kristopher Hearron, 44, sale of cocaine, sale of meth, MDOC warrant for parole violation
- Deonte Spates, 20, sale of Marijuana
- Christopher Ward, 23, three counts of sale of marijuana
- Cornelius Qualls, 29, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
The suspects are expected to be in court Friday. The Warren County Sheriff’s Office, Mississippi Highway Patrol, and the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics assisted in the round-up