Fried turkey causes house fire at Jackson home this morning

Photo Credit: Natay Holmes, WJTV

JACKSON, Mississippi (WJTV) One Jackson homeowner is thankful that his home did not go up in smoke this Thanksgiving.

JFD Office of Fire Investigations Division Fire Chief Cleotha Sanders says a fire was reported at a home on Central Street at 5:21 this morning.



The homeowner told WJTV’s Natay Holmes that he was not home when the fire started.  He fried his turkey last night and said that he turned the burner off and made certain that the fire was out.  He is not certain how the burners were on this morning.

He said that his cousin, who lives nearby, was alerted to the fire.

Damage to the home appears to be confined to the porch.  JFD Division Chief Sanders says that no injuries were reported and the fire is being classified as accidental at this time.


Deep Frying Danger: Don’t Let it Happen to You


Safety Tips for Deep Frying a Turkey



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s