House Fire on Ridgeway and Wabash started by unattended cooking

WJTV Photo

JACKSON, Mississippi (WJTV) – Firefighters put out a house fire in Jackson overnight.

It happened on the corner of Ridgeway and Wabash streets.  Jackson Fire Department (JFD) Office of Fire Investigations Division Fire Chief Cleotha Sanders says they were called to the scene at approximately 10:40pm on Monday night, December 5, 2016.  A search was conducted and firefighters issued an all-clear shortly thereafter.

The fire investigator has classified the fire as accidental, started by unattended cooking.

No injuries were reported.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s