Fire destroys family’s home on Christmas Eve

HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A family is picking up the pieces this after their home went up in flames on Christmas Eve.

The home located on Midway Road is a complete loss.

We talked to a neighbor who says she saw the house go up in smoke.

Dianne Sutton says her neighbor barely made it out, “When I looked over the house was almost gone to the ground. And the grandmother told me she was in there cooking and left some grease on the stove. And she went to the back. And when she heard something popping, all they could do is get out of of there.”

We’re told no one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s