GEORGE COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) — The Federal Bureau of Investigation said they’ve arrested several people on federal drug charges who are members or associates of a street gang.
On Thursday, FBI agents, task force officers and sheriff’s deputies arrested six people in George County who authorities said are members or associates of the Black Gangster Disciples Street Gang:
- Jerry Street, 35, of George County, Mississippi
- Garnett Edwin Smith, 38, of George County, Mississippi
- Alisha Christina Smith, 36, of George County, Mississippi
- Timothy Adam Havard, 40, of George County, Mississippi
- Mareo Green, 36, of Greene County, Mississippi
- Tarsen Deveal Fairley, 29, of George County, Mississippi.
A seventh person from George County was arrested in Vancouver, Washington.
- Zack Bexton, 30, of George County, Mississippi
All suspects have been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
These arrests are the result of a two-year joint investigation into methamphetamine trafficking in Southeast Mississippi by the FBI Safe Streets Task Force in Pascagoula.
The suspects that were arrested in Mississippi will appear in court in Gulfport Friday.