Family escapes Nimitz St. house fire

House fire on Nimitz Street in Jackson 6/1/2017 Photo: Andrew Quinn, WJTV Photographer

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson firefighters responded to a fire on Nimitz Street Thursday morning.

The fire started around 3:15 a.m. Investigators tell us the fire was under control around 3:40 a.m.

A family member who was in the home at the time of the fire told us everyone made it out. Jackson Fire Division Chief Cleotha Sanders confirmed no injuries were reported.

Sanders tells us the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s