JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) — The Fourth of July is right around the corner!
Several municipalities are celebrating Independence Day throughout the weekend.
Below is a list of a few events in the area:
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Ridgeland: Celebrate America Balloon Glow at Northpark Mall. The event starts at 6:00 p.m. The Balloon Glow is at 7:45 p.m. There will be live entertainment at 8:15 p.m. The Fireworks Extravaganza starts at 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 1, 2017
- Canton: 32nd Annual Mississippi Championship Hot Air Balloon Race and Festival
- 7:00 a.m. Balloon Chase Bike Ride (Registration at 6:00 a.m.) and Competition Flight at the Canton Multi-Purpose Complex.
- 6:00-9:30 p.m. Mississippi Championship Hot Air Balloon Fest at the Canton Multipurpose Complex. SPECIAL SHAPES WILL BE PRESENT!
- 6:00-9:30 p.m. Kid Zone ($5.00 Admission)
- 6:30 p.m. Balloon Chase Run/Walk & Kids One Mile Run (Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- 8:00 p.m. Good Samaritan Center‘s
- $5K Golf Ball Drop Fundraiser 8:00 p.m. Balloon Glow featuring Special Shapes.
- 8:00 p.m. LIVE Entertainment featuring Meet the Press!
- 9:30 p.m. Patriotic Firework Spectacular
- Jackson: Jackson’s Firework Extravaganza will be July 1 at Smith Wills Stadium located at 1200 Lakeland Drive. It’s free event that will feature entertainment, giveaways and other activities. The gates open at 5 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.
- Reservoir Independence Celebration: There will be a dueling fireworks show at Old Trace Park in Ridgeland and Lakeshore Park in Rankin County. Both parks will be filled with live music, events for children and military displays, and Lakeshore Park will be home to the Fenders and Fireworks Classic Car show.
- Old Trace Park events kickoff at 8:30 a.m.
- Dash ’n Splash foot race registration will begin 7:30 a.m until 8:30 a.m. at Old Trace. This is sponsored by the Brain Injury Association of Mississippi. The 5K starts at 9 a.m.
- At Old Trace Park, Ron Etheridge takes the stage from 4 to 6 p.m., followed by Chris Gill and the Sole Shakers from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- The music lineup at Lakeshore Park includes Josh Journey from 4-6 p.m., followed by Burnham Road from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- The fireworks, best viewed from the two parks, will be launched from Red Dot Road that forms the levee for Main Harbor in Ridgeland, and from a barge in the lake out from Lakeshore Park. The approximately 15-minute show starts at 9 p.m.
Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
- Clinton: U.S. Band and Meet the Press will be headlining the 29th Annual Family Fireworks Extravaganza at Traceway Park. There will be performances, food, and children can play in the Play World area. The event starts at 5 p.m. The gates will open at 4 p.m. The fireworks show starts at 9:30pm. Cost: $10 per vehicle for Family Fireworks Extravaganza
- Vicksburg: 2017 Fireworks Extravaganza. The event will feature the Freedom Band. The events starts at 7 p.m. The fireworks show starts at 9 p.m.
- Pearl: Beach Party on the Plaza at the Outlets of Mississippi on the 4th of July from 1pm – 4pm. There’ll be sand, beach balls and toys for the kids to play with on the plaza near the Food Court
- Madison: Annual fireworks show will be held on at Liberty Park at 9 p.m. on July 4th
- Jackson Zoo: From 9 am to 3:30 pm, each guest wearing red, white, AND blue (all together in one outfit) will be admitted for only $4! Members sporting all our patriotic colors will get in FREE! For those who take photos, use #RWBJxnZoo. Admission includes Splash Pad and the final day of Dinos exhibit.